A work-related incident can happen in the blink of an eye and under a multitude of scenarios. Similar incidents could also carry various types of health risks and one of the most common types of injuries workers in North Carolina might suffer in such scenarios could involve back pain. Back injuries stemming from workplace accidents can create various hardships in life and while there may be some ways to help reduce the risks thereof, preventing all incidents could be nearly impossible.
It is no secret that back injuries can disrupt various areas of one’s life and affect a person’s ability to perform everyday tasks. Some ways to mitigate the risks of back injuries in the workplace could include:
- Lifting techniques: In job duties that require frequent lifting, using proper lifting techniques and equipment could prove integral to staving off undesirable results.
- Repetitive motions: Performing repetitive motions for hours on end could place significant strain on various areas of one’s body, including the lower back.
- Stretch breaks: Studies indicate that taking frequent breaks to stretch could help mitigate health risks by alleviating tension and strain.
- Desk duty: If a job requires a person to sit at a desk for hours at a time, finding ways to improve one’s posture could also prove integral to reducing lower back pain.
- Workers who suffer back injuries while on the job may be left facing a long road to recovery and loss of wages during time off work, which could place a significant strain on one’s financial well-being.
Individuals who suffer serious back injuries during workplace accidents may be left in search of ways to protect their financial futures, but they might need guidance in achieving such a goal. Following such an incident, a person in North Carolina may benefit from retaining the services of an attorney for assistance in preparing to seek financial aid through the workers’ compensation insurance system. An attorney can evaluate every aspect of the incident, along with a client’s injuries and financial needs, and assist him or her in preparing to pursue the full amount of compensation achievable through every applicable source.